Sunday, November 11, 2012

5th

It is hard for me to believe you are turning five. It is so cliche when people say I remember as if it was just yesterday yadda yadda yadda... but it is a cliche for a reason and I CAN remember the day I first met you. I honestly believe I may have been that happiest person on the planet that day!

So on the 5th anniversary of that wonderful first meeting this is how you started your day:

 We placed your gifts right next to you so you could open them without getting out of our bed, where we let you sleep on Sundays and on special ocassions. 


For your party this year you chose a pirate theme.

I am becoming more and more competent in the party planning department. 
This year I made the pirate cookies, printables and treasure chests for the take home loot.

 You rocked your pirate costume!

We had it at Little Monsters. It has some really cool play areas which include a car repair shop, train tracks, supermarket and bakery as well as an outdoor playground.

It was a lot of fun and the pinata your grandma brought all the way from Costa Rica was a hit. 
Actually more like a couple of hits since it was really tough to break!

You know a lot of the literature on human development argues that who you are by the time you are five is who you will be forever. I have no idea if that is so, but I can tell you this much, at 5 you are brave, tenacious, kind, fun loving, honest, silly and it has been my true privilege loving you and watching you grow.

We love you sweetheart and wish you many many more happy celebrations of the wonderful gift that is your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Serendipity template design by Deluxe Designs