Sunday, November 4, 2012

Meeting the Abuelos

Even though your grandparents were here when you were born, they were unable to meet you.  In fact, your Grandpa missed you by only one day! So this year, they had double the reasons for coming to Quito in November.

Grandma held you and fed you to her hearts content.

It took Grandpa a few days to gather up the nerve to carry you, but he did! I am pretty sure you are the smallest baby he has ever handled.

You are a great sleeper. 
In fact, I have to wake you up for your feedings.  You only sleep in your crib when the sun is down. 

This is what daytime sleep looks like. 

I suppose we are to blame; after all, this is how you napped at the hospital - right on our chests. 
Oh well, we will worry about that later. For now, we will just enjoy it.

Even though at this age it all about eating and sleeping, we've also had a little bit of this:


And some of this too:


Today I am grateful you and your grandparents finally met.

I am also grateful for something I have no pictures of, but will forever be etched in my memory. 
For those moments, when everyone else is fast asleep and we get to steal some quite time in the dark. For it is then, that I can actually hear the rhythm of your heartbeat and my own, as I hold you tightly against my chest. 

So today, I am also grateful for the sleepless nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Serendipity template design by Deluxe Designs